125g unsalted butter, softened
125g caster sugar
125g self-raising flour
Pinch of salt
2 medium eggs
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 packet Cadbury's Mini Eggs
For the Frosting:
50g unsalted butter, softened
100g chocolate, melted
300g icing sugar
3 tbsp Milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Let's get making:
- Preheat oven to 190°C or Gas Mark 5.
- Beat the butter in a large bowl until it is softened. Add the sugar, flour, salt, eggs, milk and vanilla and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases, and then press one Mini Egg into the centre.
- Place muffin tin in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, until cupcakes are a light golden colour.
- Remove the tins from the oven. Leave the cupcakes to cool in the tins for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
1. In a large bowl beat the butter until it is fluffy. Beat in the melted chocolate. Gradually add half of the icing sugar, stirring first (to prevent it going all over the counter, and you) and then beat until well combined.
2. Slowly beat in the milk and the vanilla. Then add the remaining icing sugar. Beat in more milk, if needed.
Pipe the icing onto the cakes, when cooled and then top with a Mini Egg.