Sunday 17 April 2011

Egg-tremly Expensive

I love chocolate, who doesn't, but do I love it enough to spend £49.99 on an Easter egg? Probably not. Do I love anyone else enough to buy them a £49.99 Easter egg? Certainly not. (If anyone would have it, it would be me. However, I'm not sure I can justify spending that much on a few indulgent moments.)

But if you can, pop into Selfridges and pick up your Gianduja chocolate egg. This luxury egg from Baratti & Milano, is made from Gianduja chocolate and the inside is layered with over 200 whole hazelnuts. (I think I would also like to find a little gold nugget inside for that price.)

A more reasonably priced egg, if you want luxury, is the Marc de Champagne egg. For a less jaw-dropping, £18.99 you get an egg made from the finest milk chocolate and it is filled with marc de champagne truffles. Yes, it's still a little pricey for an Easter egg but it contains three of a girls favourite things: chocolate, champagne and truffles. And if you're going to eat lots of chocolate this coming weekend, you might as well as make it the best.

And as for Fortnum and Masion's £85.00 egg, they can't be serious. I can only imagine that anyone buying one of these would either have to be the biggest chocolate lover in the world, or have a brain like the inside of a Cadbury's Cream Egg.
Hmmmm...Cadbury's Cream Eggs-sometimes the simplest things are the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment