But why go through the ordeal at all when you can have Marshmallow melts in the comfort of your own, insect free, home, with very little mess. All the magic happens in one bowl, what more could we ask for? Apart from a cocktail in the hand that isn't holding the beaters.
250g unsalted butter, softened
250g caster sugar
250g self-raising flour
Pinch of salt
4 medium eggs
4 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Jar of Fluff
Let's get making:
- Preheat oven to 190°C or Gas Mark 5.
- Beat the butter in a large bowl until it is softened. Add the sugar, flour, salt, eggs, milk and vanilla and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Put one marshmallow in each paper case.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases, covering the marshmallow
- Place muffin tin in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until cupcakes are a light golden colour.
- Remove the tins from the oven. Leave the cupcakes to cool in the tins for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
- When cool, spread a generous helping of Fluff onto each cupcake, (avoiding the temptation of spooning it straight into your mouth).